What is a cookie?
We would first like to inform you that a cookie is not a computer virus nor will it damage the device of the person who authorizes their use. Cookies are completely harmless.
A cookie is a small file composed of letters and numbers that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognize a user´s browser and do not contain or collect personal information
Its main purpose is to recognize the user each time the user accesses the website, as well as enhance the quality and usability of our website.
Cookies are essential to the functioning of the internet; they can not harm the user´s computer/device and, if they are activated in your browser settings, help us identify and resolve possible website malfunctions.
Types of cookies
The website uses different types of cookies. All work the same way with slight differences:
– Session Cookies: Session cookies only last for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close the browser. Their main purpose is to identify the type of device, support website security and its basic functionality. They do not contain personal information that allows us to identify an individual person.
– Permanent or Persistent Cookies: They are stored on the device´s hard drive and our website reads them every time you make a return visit to the website; the cookies have a specific expiration and stop working after the expiration date. They are used to identify your actions and preferences, analyze visits, help us understand how users come to our website and enhance our services.
– Cookies Functionality: Allow the website to remember decisions made by the user and users´ login ID. The information these cookies collect is anonymous (that is, it does not contain your name, address, or other personal information).
– Third Party Cookies: Third-party cookies are cookies installed by a website that is not the one you are visiting; for example, those used by social networks (like Facebook) or external content plugins (like Google Maps). In addition, some advertising companies use these files to track your visits to each site advertised.
– Analytical cookies: These are cookies that perform periodic maintenance and collect data from your activity on the website to ensure optimal performance and user service.
Browsing the website implies your express acceptance of the use of these types of cookies on your device. Your browsing experience on this website may be affected if you turn off cookies and some of the features available on the website may not work correctly.
Type of cookie
_ga Third-party cookie Google 2 years Analytics and monitoring It is used to distinguish users
__utma Third-party cookie Google 2 years Analytics and monitoring It is used to distinguish users and sessions. The cookie is updated each time the time stamp is sent to Google Analytics
__utmb Third-party cookie Google 30 minutes Analytics and monitoring Stores the traffic or campaign source that explains how the user arrived to the site. It is updated each time data is sent to Google Analytics.
__utmc Third-party cookie Google When the browser session ends Analytics and monitoring It is used to determine if the user corresponds to a new session or visit.
__utmz Third-party cookie Google 6 months Analytics and monitoring Stores the traffic or campaign source that explains how the user arrived to the site. It is updated each time data is sent to Google Analytics.
__utmv Third-party cookie Google 2 years Analytics and monitoring It is used to store the visitor´s personal data variables. The cookie is updated each time the time stamp is sent to Google Analytics.
__atuvc Third-party cookie AddThis 2 years Share a page count It is used to ensure that the user sees the updated share count when a page is shared and returns to it before the cache is updated
__stid Third-party cookie ShareThis 1 year Usan esta cookie para rastrear los clicks It is used to track clicks on any ShareThis option.
PHPSESSID Session cookie own When the browser session ends System An identifier associated with a user with PHP for all those stored in session variables
frontend Cookie Functionality own 30 days Keep authenticated the user It is used to keep the user authenticated on the system while browsing through the pages on the website.
_jsuid Third-party cookie Clicky Web Analytics 20 years Analytics and monitoring It is a random number used to distinguish new or unique visitors.
_first_pageview Third-party cookie Clicky Web Analytics 10 minutes Analytics and monitoring It is used to identify the pages on the website you visited.
_dc_gtm_[id_sitio] Third-party cookie Google Tag Manager 10 minutes Analytics and monitoring It is used to add the tracking code Google Analytics from Google Tag Manager
heatmaps_g2g_[id_sitio] Third-party cookie Clicky Web Analytics When the browser session ends Analytics and monitoring Stores information about where the visitor clicks on the website.
_referrer_og Third-party cookie Clicky Web Analytics 90 days Analytics and monitoring Stores the visitor´s external reference if applicable.
_utm_og Third-party cookie Clicky Web Analytics 90 days Analytics and monitoring Stores campaign variables to determine whether the visits come from a campaign.
cluid Third-party cookie Clicky Web Analytics 20 years Analytics and monitoring It contains the same information as the __jsuid cookie to share with Clicky
Lu Third-party cookie Facebook 2 years Preference It works like a Facebook home page presented to the user
Datr Third-party cookie Facebook 2 years Connection information with Facebook Send information about the connection between the website and Facebook
Guest_Id Third-party cookie Twitter 3 days Information connection to Twitter Manage the information needed to generate the connection to Twitter and Follows.
Nid Third-party cookie Google +1 6 months Analytics and monitoring Manage +1 on Google Plus.
User settings to prevent or turn off cookies
In compliance with current legislation, on our website we provide the information you need to configure your online browser/browsers to protect your privacy and security in relation to cookies.
You can find links and instructions to disable cookies for each browser below:
-Internet Explorer: Click here for instructions
-Mozilla Firefox: Click here for instructions
-Google Chrome: Click here for instructions
-Safari: Click here for instructions
-Others: Finally, you can go to the Your Online Choices website, in addition to finding useful information, you can configure your preferences on third-party advertising cookies provider by provider.